Saturday, August 2, 2008

Oh the humidity!


The master plan today was to get up early and go for a run before the day got started. Well that plan failed because my cellphone which I was using as an alarmclock decided to die.By the time I got up everyone else was up which meant I had to start the day and run some errands before hoping the train back to school. I got on the 1130 train, which got me back at school around 1230 ,I put my stuff away and organized my room because it was a disaster area from moving.By this time it was already 2 and the downpour of rain that had started was now over and I decided to go for my Saturday long run of 45 minutes, the first of its kind for me.
Bad Move. The humidity was 100%,literally.The air was so thick I could hardly get fresh air, although I did get more then my fair share of bus fumes.So I only got in about 15 minutes of run-walking which was 1.15 miles , the time wasn't bad it was just my poor lungs were going to die. Does anyone have tips on how to combat the humidity?Maybe bringing a drink along would help? Anyways I don't plan to make the same mistake twice.Instead tomorrow I plan to do my normal 6am run which according to my schedule should be 35minutets long.I just hope the humidity dies down by then. Oh and Ive got work tomorrow from 10-3, woohoo. I think I may need at least a short run after that because I have a sneaky feeling that it is going to be torture like tomorrow.

No comments: