Thursday, March 20, 2008

First Post

So, lets start at the beginning. This past January I went to Disney World for a winter break vacation with my sister. While there we had a blast of course and the time we went was marathon weekend. I had no clue that this was going on, my sister apparently did but didn't think I would give a hoot about it. At the time I wasn't so giddy about it, it didn't really mean anything to me.
However as the week went on I heard people's stories from the race, the medals and the feelings of complete accomplishment. Let's just say my head started swirling.I suddenly felt that this was what I just had to do next year. In order to keep my motivated I bought a goofy t-shirt and a pair of well-needed anyways sneakers. The marathon was then all I thought about for the rest of the week.
The week was soon over however, and we were back in Jersey and I had to back to college. At school I started to go to the gym, something which caused alarm to my roommates and I who have only stepped foot in once , and then just to use the pool.I was going good,considering I was never really a runner, unless you want to count middle school cross country, but I digress. I was getting in about a mile or two before wanting to die and hit that oh so lovely red stop sign on the treadmill and as an added bonus I was losing weight.Then one day I didn't go to the gym, then the days turned into weeks and here I am it's March and I've barely stepped foot in the gym since and its now Spring Break.
However I recently found a book that I think is the push I need,"The Nonrunners guide to a marathon for women" it gives me a schedule,which I didn't have before, and is full of humor that sounds like it good have easily came out my mouth.Throw in that book and a trip to Disney in the middle of winter and I'm all in. Now I've got to actually start running.....

No comments: