Thursday, March 20, 2008

Starting to Run

So I've come to the conclusion that in order to start training for a marathon besides buying cute accessories I've actually got to run- A LOT. But here's the problem people of the virtual blog land, I hate treadmills. I don't know what pace to set it at and I don't like staring at myself and others in those glass mirrors- what is the point of those anyways?Who wants to look at a sweaty gross self or others? I know what you are thinking, well then just hit the pavement. However where I live this actually impossible. How you ask?
I LIVE IN NEWARK ,NJ if you aren't from the tristate just Google it and you'll soon see why running outside is impossible unless running away from a crack dealer or prostitute-Fun Times at college my friends!
We do have a track,however the sports teams are always on it. Which leaves me in the current situation. Thoughts?Ideas? Tips?

Maybe I'll look to see if the track has any time open for regular people that isn't during class times.

Disney'09 the idea is lookin' fine

1 comment:

G said...

Welcome to the Disney Runner world! I started my quest for disney in the same fashion. Visited WDW during marathon week and got the tingles just watching the runners, the fans, the families. I'll be sure to link your blog on my site!

As for running in Newark. Hmmm. I despise the treadmill. And to train for the race, you will HAVE to get outside road miles.
What I do here in Louisiana is drive to quiet up-scale neighborhoods and run their streets. My health club is in such a neighborhood. know little about Newark, but for your long runs you may need to drive to a god local for the run itself.

I am registering for the 2009 Disney marathon this week. I'l see you there.